American Income Life Supports Project Athena Foundation
November 17, 2015
Donations help women who have endured life-altering medical setbacks
American Income Life Insurance Company's State General Agents, visiting Dallas for their semi-annual meeting, made donations totaling $24,210 to Project Athena Foundation, a non-profit that helps women who have endured major medical setbacks.
Roger Smith, AIL-NILICO President and CEO, presented the group's donation to Beth Shaver, representing Project Athena. "Anyone who has experienced a serious illness or traumatic injury knows that getting over the physical part is only the first step," said Smith. "We are proud to support the work of Project Athena as they provide inspiration and encouragement to survivors of medical crises," he added.
Project Athena was founded by author, adventure racer and Guinness World Record holder Robyn Benincasa after a serious medical event that altered her life as she knew it. Project Athena encourages women who've endured similar medical setbacks to unleash the athlete and adventurer within and complete the journey of a lifetime — whether that's to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, cross the finish line of an Ironman Triathlon, or fall into the arms of a proud family at the end of a local 5K. The foundation provides travel expenses, entry fees, coaching, equipment, etc. to help women transition from survivor to athlete.
American Income Life Insurance Company has been serving working families for more than 60 years by offering quality, affordable supplemental insurance benefits. AIL representatives develop long-term relationships with clients and meet clients where they are most comfortable ... their home. The Company strives to become the premier in-home life insurance sales company serving working families in the United States, Canada, New Zealand, and through its wholly-owned subsidiary, National Income Life Insurance Company in New York. To learn more about a sales career with American Income Life, or to find an AIL Agency in your region, call 469-525-4291, or visit www.ailcareers.com.
American Income Life Insurance Company Facts
- Founded in 1951
- Licensed in 49 states, Canada, New Zealand, and through our wholly-owned subsidiary, National Income Life Insurance Company in the state of New York
- More than 6,000 sales representatives internationally
- Wholly-owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK)
- American Income Life has earned the A+ (Superior) Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best Company (as of 6/15)
American Income Life has established itself as a viable partner in the community by offering a number of valuable no-cost products:
- Child Safe Kit® – Collects vital statistics and fingerprints of children for parents to provide authorities in the event a child is missing.
- Partners Basic Discount Program – Allows members to take advantage of up to 60% discounts on health-related products and services that might not be covered by their health and welfare benefits.
- Hang 10 Internet Surfin' Guide – A parent's guide to Internet safety for children.
Parent Company Facts
- Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK)
- Member of the S&P 500 Index
- Ranked #621 Fortune 1000 company – 2014
- Ranked #28 on Dallas Morning News 2014 Top 150 D/FW Companies list
- Ranked #68 on 2015 Texas 1000 list
- Torchmark Corporation Affiliates include:
SOURCE American Income Life Insurance Company
For further information: Mike Majors, 972-569-3239