Cleveland Business Leader Inducted Into Alumni Hall
July 22, 2015
Family Heritage Life Founder honored at University of Kentucky
Howard Lewis of Solon, Ohio, former Chairman and CEO of Family Heritage Life Insurance Company of America (FHL) based in Cleveland, was recently inducted into the Hall of Distinguished Alumni at the University of Kentucky. Mr. Lewis is a 1970 graduate of the University of Kentucky's Gatton College of Business and Economics, earning a B.B.A. in Business Administration. Howard joined 22 other University of Kentucky alumni as they were recognized and inducted into the Hall of Distinguished Alumni on April 17, 2015, in Lexington, Kentucky.
Inductees were chosen based on their contribution to the welfare of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and nation in arts, sciences, business, industry, engineering, journalism, politics, military science, religion, agriculture, labor or other field of endeavor.
A total of only 306 individuals have been inducted into the University of Kentucky's Hall of Distinguished Alumni from 1963 to 2015. Mr. Lewis founded Family Heritage Life Insurance Company of America in 1989 in Cleveland, Ohio. Today Family Heritage Life is a subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK). Mr. Lewis remains involved in several outreach programs such as Boy Scouts of America, Wigs for Kids, and Cleveland-Based Harvest for Hunger. Learn more about Howard Lewis being inducted into the University of Kentucky's Hall of Distinguished Alumni.
COMPANY FACT SHEET
- Founded in 1989
- 276,673 policies in force (as of 12/14)
- $219,860,000 of insurance in force (as of 12/14)
- Employs 130 people at its Home Office in Cleveland, Ohio
- Family Heritage Life has earned the A (Excellent) Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best Company, an independent industry insurance analyst since 1899 (as of 6/14)
PARENT COMPANY FACTS
- Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) is the parent company of Family Heritage Life
- Member of the S&P 500 Index
- Ranked #622 Fortune 1000 company – 2014
- Ranked #25 on Dallas Morning News 2014 Top 150 D/FW Companies list
- Ranked #64 on 2014 Texas 1000 list
- 2,881 employees
- Torchmark Corporation affiliates include:
SOURCE Family Heritage Life Insurance Company of America
For further information: Renee Jones, 440-922-5141