American Income Life Supports Inner-City Community Center
April 07, 2015
VICTORIA, British Columbia
Funds used to feed and clothe the needy at Our Place Society
American Income Life and National Income Life State General Agents, in Victoria, BC for their Spring meeting, donated $25,246 to Our Place Society, an inner-city community center, as part of the Company's Closer to the Heart program of charitable giving.
AIL-NILICO President and CEO Roger Smith presented the donations, collected from the SGAs, members of executive management and other staff members in attendance, to Our Place Society's Director of Development Laura Walsh. "Our late founder, Bernard Rapoport, wove into our culture that we should give back to the communities where we live and work. We believe that Our Place Society supports the legacy of giving that Mr. Rapoport established," said Smith.
Our Place Society serves Greater Victoria's most vulnerable: the working poor, impoverished elderly, mentally and physically challenged, addicted and the homeless. They provide hot showers, free clothing, counseling and outreach services, and transitional housing. Ms. Walsh said the donations would go "a long way" toward helping Our Place provide the 1500-2000 meals prepared and served daily at their facility.
Ms. Walsh also presented Smith with a commemorative framed photo montage of actual "family members," as Our Place refers to clients and residents.
American Income Life Insurance Company has been serving working families for more than 60 years by offering quality, affordable supplemental insurance benefits. AIL representatives develop long-term relationships with clients and meet clients where they are most comfortable... their home. The Company strives to become the premier in-home life insurance sales company serving working families in the United States, Canada, New Zealand, and through its wholly-owned subsidiary, National Income Life Insurance Company in New York. To learn more about the opportunity of a sales career with American Income Life, or to find an AIL Agency in your region, call 469-525-4291, or visit www.ailcareers.com.
American Income Life Insurance Company Facts
- Founded in 1951
- Licensed in 49 states, Canada, New Zealand, and through our wholly-owned subsidiary, National Income Life Insurance Company in the state of New York
- More than 6,000 sales representatives internationally
- MWholly-owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK)
- American Income Life has earned the A+ (Superior) Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best Company (as of 6/14)
American Income Life has established itself as a viable partner in the community by offering a number of valuable no-cost products:
- Child Safe Kit® – Collects vital statistics and fingerprints of children for parents to provide authorities in the event a child is missing.
- Partners Basic Discount Program – Allows members to take advantage of up to 60% discounts on health-related products and services that might not be covered by their health and welfare benefits.
- Identity Theft Prevention Brochure – A parent's guide to Internet safety for children.
PARENT COMPANY FACTS
- Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK)
- Member of the S&P 500 Index
- Ranked #622 Fortune 1000 company – 2014
- Ranked #25 on Dallas Morning News 2014 Top 150 D/FW Companies list
- Ranked #64 on 2014 Texas 1000 list
- Torchmark Corporation Affiliates include:
SOURCE American Income Life Insurance Company
For further information: Mike Majors, 972-569-3239