Family Heritage Life Celebrates 25 Years In The Community
December 01, 2014
BROADVIEW HEIGHTS, Ohio
Local Insurance Company Honored with Mayoral Proclamation
Family Heritage Life Insurance Company of America (FHL), a Cleveland-based supplemental insurance product provider, celebrated its 25th anniversary on Nov. 17, 2014. The same day, FHL was honored with a Mayoral Proclamation from the City of Broadview Heights for its community involvement and efforts to help grow the city. Nov. 17, 2014 was also declared "Family Heritage Day" in Broadview Heights in honor of FHL's 25th anniversary.
Family Heritage Life gained national attention when its employee, Arthur Chu, won 11 straight Jeopardy!® shows. Since its founding in 1989, Family Heritage Life has been a major employer in the Cleveland area and made a tremendous social impact in surrounding communities. FHL and its employees support several local charities and organizations. FHL contributed more than $30,000 in 2014 to the Cleveland Food Bank's Harvest for Hunger campaign. Family Heritage Life is consistently recognized, regionally and nationally, for its superior customer service and community outreach.
"We arrive at this 25th anniversary grateful for the opportunity to serve the families and small businesses that have placed their trust and confidence in us for their supplemental insurance needs. Our future is bright as we grow Family Heritage Life and create opportunities for our home office staff and sales force," said Howard Lewis, Chairman, CEO, and Founder.
Family Heritage Life Insurance Company of America is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK), headquartered in McKinney, TX. Torchmark's other insurance subsidiaries include American Income Life, Globe Life And Accident, Liberty National Life, and United American. Visit www.FamilyHeritageLife.com for more information.
COMPANY FACT SHEET
- Founded in 1989
- 253,158 policies in force (as of 12/13)
- $200.9 million of insurance in force (as of 12/13)
- Employs 120 people at its Home Office in Cleveland, OH; 700 licensed sales professionals throughout the U.S.
- Family Heritage Life has earned the A (Excellent) Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best Company (as of 6/14)
PARENT COMPANY FACTS
- Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) is the parent company of Family Heritage Life
- Member of the S&P 500 Index
- Ranked #622 Fortune 1000 company – 2014
- Ranked #25 on Dallas Morning News 2014 Top 150 D/FW Companies list
- Ranked #64 on 2014 Texas 1000 list
- 2,881 employees
- Torchmark Corporation affiliates include:
SOURCE Family Heritage Life Insurance Company of America
For further information: Doug Kelly, 440-922-5276